Monday, July 27, 2015

CANIGLIA-"Ennui Dream"

Here is another painting from the series I am working on for my upcoming shows. As I mentioned in my last post, these paintings are pretty much raw improvisational ideas that capture the melancholy of moments that characterize life in our world. Yes, some of these paintings are filled with loneliness, self-reflection, and ennui.

They are meant to capture the feeling and emotion that surround our world that feels on the brink or edge of chaos at times. There is beauty and hope in these paintings as well. I have hidden symbolism in each of the pieces. As I have said before my work has always been visceral and evocative filled with raw earthtone textures and meaning that demands to be looked into, rather than merely over. This new painting is called “Ennui Dream”.

I will post more images soon.


Caniglia   

No comments:

Post a Comment