Friday, December 20, 2013

Tiny Tim Portrait-Artwork


Here is one of my concept sketches and my finished oil portrait for Tiny Tim in Dickens ‘A Christmas Carol’. Tim represents all the children living in poverty in the “surplus population” that Scrooge refuses to help and everyone ignores.  Tim is the one person who Scrooge feels pity and sorrow for and represents the reform that could save his own destiny.

Tim was the youngest son of Bob Cratchit. He is portrayed as a very frail boy who uses a crutch and leg irons to walk since he suffers from a severe illness. As I had mentioned before Mr. Cratchit could not afford treatment for his son since Scrooge underpays him. 

In my sketch and portrait of Tim, I portrayed him as the pure-hearted, caring boy that symbolizes Dickens idea of hope and innocents.

Hope you enjoy the artwork.

Caniglia


No comments:

Post a Comment