Sunday, September 28, 2014

CANIGLIA- ART AND ANATOMY


Here is a new drawing I was working on this week for a demo in my classes. It is a detailed study of the upper and lower teeth. I am introducing more life drawing for my advanced students. I feel it is very important for the students to draw from life and capture the details of the shape, line, and form through values and tones. Some of my students will become doctors or dentist and it is very important to understand the science behind the drawing.

Leonardo da Vinci, who is without doubt the most significant artist-anatomist of all time, first undertook a series of detailed studies of the human skull, mandible, and teeth in the1480’s, borrowing from the architect's rigorous technique of representing three-dimensional forms in plan, section, elevation, and different perspective views. Through the course of his sketches and renderings he invented a new vocabulary for the history of scientific illustration.

I will post more of my studies this week as well as some oil paintings I am working on of fruit. Yes this is my favorite time of year to visit the orchards in my area. I love to paint the colorful fruit that I find. So please check back later this week to see my paintings.

Thanks for visiting my blog, I will keep posting new works.

Caniglia    

No comments:

Post a Comment