Saturday, October 11, 2014

APPLE PAINTINGS-CANIGLIA ART


This week I have a few of my apple paintings to show. I am working on 2 more that are not completely dry yet. I will show those paintings soon. As I have mentioned before Paul Cezanne (1839-1906) has always been an inspiration to me with his magnificent ability to depict perfect planes of color and composition. I also love his quirky statements like “I want to astonish Paris with an Apple”. As I have researched his still life fruit paintings, I have found that he had completed over 250 pieces devoted to fruit. That is true artistic dedication.

I will have more fruit paintings to show over the coming weeks. I am currently working on a lemon and Clementine as well. I am currently teaching my students a section on painting fruit. They are doing a great job of understanding line, shape, color, and form. I am teaching them how to give form and mass to objects through the juxtaposition of brushstrokes and carefully balanced colors and textures. I also explain how Cezanne was able to let edges disappear into the negative space and other objects. When an artist does this in their work, the painting then gains a sense of comforting stability. The results are wonderful with strong compositions in their bright coloring, dynamic surfaces, and distorted spaces.

More paintings and updates coming this week.

Thanks
Caniglia


No comments:

Post a Comment