Saturday, February 7, 2015

Je Suis Charlie

Post from January 11,

This week the world witnessed more attacks on innocent people. My heart goes out to the people of France and the horror that unraveled in Paris. I know as a fellow artist who creates art that deals with both social and political issues that I stand in solidarity with the people of France and with these my fellow artists who support freedom of speech.

Today, a historic crowd of more than a million people including 40 world leaders jammed the streets of Paris to show their unity and support. In a world that can seem dark at times, there is always a light of hope and humanity that seems to rise above the chaos of extremists.

I created another silkscreen painting based off my “Tanks4Nothing” series. The little girl stands with her pen quill in the face of extremist guns and is not afraid. This piece is for those artists at Charlie Hebdo who knew that freedom of speech is worth the fight and the pen is always mightier than the sword.

Je Suis Charlie…

Caniglia

No comments:

Post a Comment