Saturday, December 5, 2015

Caniglia and Gerald Dickens

I had the honor to celebrate the Holidays with Gerald Dickens on Thursday evening at the Nebraska Douglas County Historical Society. Gerald is the Great-Great-Grandson of Charles Dickens. I presented him with one of the preliminary drawings I did for the Easton Press limited edition of “A Christmas Carol”.

For those of you who might not know Gerald Dickens the actor and literary performer I have attached a link below to his website. His energetic readings of Charles Dickens work are incredible and his insight into the genius and subtle nuances of Charle's characters are mesmerizing. The New York Times described his performance as “A once in a lifetime brush with literary history” and it truly was.

Gerald Charles Dickens became fascinated by his late ancestor’s life works. Inspired by Charles’ own energetic readings of the 1860s, Gerald has created one-man shows of these famous works that he performs around the world. Highly sought after, Gerald regularly performs in major theaters and arts centers throughout the United States, United Kingdom and Europe.

The evening felt like we were transported back in time with a wonderful dinner, heartwarming performance, and toast to Charles Dickens and Gerald who has kept the spirit of Christmas and his great-great-grandfather alive for more generations to enjoy.

http://www.geralddickens.com/

I have another Easton Press project that I just finished up and will be showing some of the 27 drawings and paintings that I created for it soon. Once again I want to say thank you to all of you who support my art.


Caniglia   


No comments:

Post a Comment