Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Caniglia Landscape Paintings


I have been doing some landscape studies over the past 3 weeks and I thought I would show a few of the paintings as well as my sketches. These will be part of a gallery exhibition in NYC this summer. When painting landscapes, I do not use a lot of bright hues. I love to use subtle earth tones, like browns, blacks, and other neutrals on my palette. I love nocturne landscapes with subdued color. My goal is to create a cohesive work of tonal harmony by composing my works based on values, as opposed to color. I also push the soft edges and try to get lost in the mood of the trees and atmosphere and the poetic side of what I see in nature.  Melancholy, misty, and atmospheric effects are the goal in any timeless landscape.

I will post more updates soon.

-Caniglia 







No comments:

Post a Comment