Sunday, November 16, 2014

Caniglia-New Oil Painting


Here is my latest oil painting “The Question of Life”.  The painting was inspired from notes in my sketchbook. Every artist has a story to tell about his or her life. Every person you meet or walk by on the street has their own story.  The homeless on the streets the person in front of you in line at the bank or checkout line has a story.  Every friend and work colleague in your life has a story.

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a fleeting moment.  Everyone has something to offer and share with you and you have something to contribute.  Imagine treating every person you encounter with respect and interest. I guess the question that I was asking myself was do we care about each other enough to really get to know each others stories.

But the story can only be told if someone asks to hear it.  As an artist I am constantly trying to understand the story and the thread that weaves through all of us.  I love the quote by the artist Eugene Fromentin “Art is the expression of the invisible by means of the visible”. When applied to an artist we filter expression and feelings into imaginary worlds never seen before. It can also apply to life, that we are invisible until someone wants to see us and ask us about our story.

Caniglia


No comments:

Post a Comment