Sunday, November 24, 2013


Welcome to my new Blog. I am going to post images weekly of paintings, drawings,  sketches, gallery shows, books, and movie concept art that I am currently working on. I will also give examples of art that I create during demos for my students.

Sketching is the core element of compositional development for artist. Young or old you should have a sketchbook at your side when inspiration calls. You never know when your imagination might take off on a tangent. Sketching is not just a form of rendering, it is also a means to capture feelings and impressions that present themselves throughout an artist journey.

As an instructor I have required my students to have a sketchbook. I never go anywhere without mine. Here are a few pages of my recent sketches. One is part of a creature development project that I am teaching and the other is a study of St. Francis inspired by the artist Zurbarán. Life is short sketch hard!




No comments:

Post a Comment