Sunday, March 13, 2016

Art Lecture And The Omaha Film Festival

This week and weekend was packed with lectures, art shows, and the Omaha Film Festival. I have to give a shout out to Jason Levering, Marc Longbrake and Jeremy Decker for putting on the film festival, which had a record-breaking attendance this year! Our movie “Black Luck” was sold out!

I also had the pleasure of working with Chuck Richard’s Iowa State University advanced Sequential Narrative and Storytelling class. It was a great group of artist who really had a nice grasp on visual storytelling.

I gave a lecture and slide presentation on my experience in and out of the movie and comic concept art world as well as the publishing industry.  I gave insight on how to build up storyboarding skills and push ideas as far as an artist can.

The students had great question and I gave them as much professional advice, coaching, training, and teaching expertise in Storyboarding as I could pack into a 3-hour class. I am looking forward to seeing their final completed boards and concepts.

Concept and storyboard artist have to be skilled in so many different areas …visual artist, cinematographer, medical illustrator, landscape painter, perspective/cityscapes, editor, writer, world building, etc. I have to say that ISU has some amazingly talented artist who will be in the movie and comic business in no time at all.

Congrats again to all the artist that I talked to on their storyboards and I am looking forward to seeing the finished results at the end of the semester.

Also for those who follow Instagram, I am now posting images and works in progress on my account. You can follow it at…
caniglia_art





Thanks

Caniglia  

No comments:

Post a Comment